WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
For the meatballs
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of chopped green onions
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tsp. of minced ginger
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. of low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
For the sauce
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. of rice vinegar
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 tsp. of sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons of corn starch + 2 teaspoons of water
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha
- 1 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- Preheat your oven to 425*
- While oven is preheating, mix all of the meatball ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Roll 20-25 small sized meatballs and place on a non stick baking sheet.
- Once oven comes to temperature, place meatballs inside & set your timer for 20 minutes.
- When you have about 10 minutes left on your timer, mix your sauce ingredients together over medium heat.
- Bring your sauce to a slow boil & whisk together until it thickens.
- Once meatballs are cooked thoroughly to an internal temperature of 165*, take out of oven and combine with sauce, coating thoroughly.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over meatballs & garnish with leftover chopped green onion.
This recipe makes for a great meal but also doubles as an easy appetizer. For a meal, I paired our meatballs with white rice, steamed broccoli & red peppers. However, you could easily use a tooth pick to create a grab & go appetizer to brag about.