WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Garlic Powder (or minced garlic if available)
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Italian Seasoning
- Half of A Stick of Butter
- One onion
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
- Half a Chicken (or double the recipe to feed a larger family with a whole chicken)
- Preheat the oven to 420 degrees.
- Take thawed bird & pat dry with a paper towel, removing excess water & fluids.
- Spray the roasting pan or baking sheet that you are using to cook the chicken with cooking spray to make sure that the meat does not stick.
- Take half of a stick of butter & melt it in the microwave.
- Once melted all of the way through, take Italian seasoning & garlic and mix into the butter.
- Rub the butter mixture all over the chicken, making sure to get some under the skin, wing(s), & underside. Be generous! Butter makes everything better.
- Once the bird is coated, season the chicken with salt & pepper. We love to generously add Everything But The Bagel Seasoning as well.
- Slice onion in quarters & stuff the chicken with the quarters.
- If the oven is preheated, it's time to roast. Place the pan in the oven and set your timer for 1 hour & 20 minutes.
- When your chicken reaches an internal temperature of around 165 degrees, it is time to take your chicken out of the oven. Though it is going to be tempting to dig right into the crispy skin, don't! I promise that it is worth the wait. Using aluminum foil, cover the chicken & pan and let rest for 10-20 minutes before serving.