WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 1-1.5 lb. bone-in chicken breast
- 48 oz. broth
- 1 tbsp. lard (can be replaced with oil of your choice - we just prefer animal fats in our house)
- 1 small bag of frozen gnocchi (about 10 oz.)
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 head of broccoli (cut into florets)
- 1 cup of cream cheese
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- In a medium sized Dutch Oven, heat your tbsp. of lard until liquid consistency. Then, add minced garlic, chopped onion & celery. Cook until onions become translucent.
- Add in broth, bone-in breast, broccoli florets and add salt, pepper, Italian seasonings as your see appropriate. Bring mixture to rapid boil. Once boiling, lower heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pull out breast and shred chicken off of the bone with a fork.
- Remove half of broth mixture from the dutch oven and place in separate mixing bowl. Using an immersion blender (or a regular blender), blend mixture and pour back into Dutch Oven.
- Place shredded chicken in the Dutch Oven and add frozen gnocchi, cream cheese & heavy cream.
- Continue to whisk together and stir, allowing cream cheese to melt down evenly.
- Once all chunks of cream cheese are melted, remove soup from heat & serve.
← Older Post
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- Opens in a new window.
- Opens external website in a new window.