WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 1 lb. Hidden Creek 80/20 Ground Beef
- 3-4 Slices of Hidden Creek Pepper Bacon
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 1 Chopped Red Onion
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrots
- 1 Cup Diced Celery
- 1 Can of Diced Tomatoes (14.5 oz.)
- 2 lbs. Diced Potatoes
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 4 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Container of Hidden Creek Chicken Broth (28 oz.)
- 3 Cups Whole Milk
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 3 Teaspoons Black Label Musket Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Ketchup
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- Using a small skillet, cook 3-4 slices of pepper bacon thoroughly and set aside. Once cooled, break up bacon into small pieces.
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, cook & crumble ground beef until no longer pink. Drain & set aside.
- In the same saucepan, melt 1 tbsp. butter over medium heat & sautéed onion, carrots & celery until vegetables turn turner (about 5 minutes).
- 1 tablespoon of all purpose flour to the vegetable and butter mixture and then add potatoes, ground beef, bacon & chicken broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer until potatoes are tender (10-12 minutes).
- In a small skillet, melt remaining butter & slowly add butter while stirring. Add to soup and continue stirring until mixed thoroughly in soup. Bring to a boil.
- After two minutes, reduce heat to low & stir in cheese, milk, salt, pepper, and musket powder seasonings. Cook until cheese melts completely.
- Remove from heat & blend in sour cream.
*** I garnished my soup with 'homemade' croutons. I took 3-4 hamburger buns & diced them using kitchen shears. I then sprayed them with olive oil & seasoned with McCormick Hamburger Seasoning. They were placed in the oven at 400* until they browned (5-10 minutes).***